Monday, January 3, 2011

Silver-lined Toilets


A few days ago, as the clock ticked it's minutes away into the New Year and I drank champagne, we entered the year the house would be built. 2011 :: The Year of the House! I'm also hoping that it will be 2011 :: The Year of Champagne! We have lots to look forward to and lots to celebrate, and I plan on doing so as often as possible. I'm going to celebrate all the milestones in this project, even if they've occurred with mountains of stress beforehand, or precede molehills of crazy afterwards. I'm going to look at the bright-side of all the sheets of plywood and remember that every toilet has a silver-lining. I will not get mired down in the slog of concrete or worry about a rusty nail or two. The crazy will happen - it's unavoidable - but my reaction to it can be of my choosing. And I'm choosing celebration! And champagne.


No comments:

Post a Comment