Sunday, May 22, 2011

365 Days

Today marks one year ago that we made the offer, counter-offer, received word that our offer was accepted and then signed a purchase and sales agreement. We are in a bit of limbo right now with the house, so I don't have a lot to say on that front, but I couldn't let today go without a shout out.

I'm having mixed emotions about a year gone by. It certainly doesn't feel as if it's been that long. But, if you told me a year ago that we still wouldn't be in construction right now, I'd have slapped you in the face. Hard. Seriously... really hard. You would have cried.

We have finalized the floor plan (it's fan-freakin-tastic!)
and are working on windows right now. We are not doing a traditional double-hung centered in the room type thing, but are exploring a much more modern window treatment with lots of glass and interesting placement.

We just need time. Time where Dave can concentrate on our house and not his clients. It will come. I hope that it comes soon.

For now the house lot sits, waiting, and growing some amazing flowers. The tulips came up by the dozens a few weeks ago and had me out there every few days picking armfuls.


Between now and the beginning of construction, I think it's time to pick up where I left off in the story of how this all came to be... I left off
here at the closing. And there is still a lot of story to tell.


3 comments:

  1. Tell Dave that I'd love very much to see the plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup Bob... me too! I'd very much love to see the plans too! This coming week, he's off from work and will have a "workation" where he works on construction docs for our house. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete