Saturday, January 7, 2012

Chill Out

Lots of my friends have wine refrigerators. I love them. I love looking at them. Opening them. Seeing the wine all stacked up, perfectly chilled and ready for drinking. I love that right along side the wine and the champagne lives the Stella Artois, the diet Coke, and the kid's juice boxes. It all seems so sophisticated and so family-oriented at the same time. Unapologetic and real.

Last Christmas, Dave's sister Allison gave us a gift certificate from the Wine Enthusiast. YEAH!! We thought about spending it on actual wine, but we knew we wanted a wine fridge in the new kitchen and thought it would be most wise to use the gift towards that purchase. Well, we also thought that 2011 would be The Year of the House and that we could purchase the fridge and install it directly into the new kitchen.

Turns out that was not the case, and the gift certificate was set to expire on December 21, 2011. So, without a moment to spare, on December 21st, Dave ordered the N'Finity 50-bottle wine refrigerator. It was delivered a few days ago.

We are now the proud owners of a brand-spankin'-new wine refrigerator. For the new house.


Which for the time being will reside in the back corner of the kitchen in our old house. Plugged in and cooling off some red, some white, some beer, some juice boxes and lots of champagne because I am now declaring this year to be 2012 :: The Year of the House!!

Everybody better watch out if I have to declare that again in 2013… WATCH THE FUCK* OUT!!

*Swearing per request of DSmoov.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I'm glad you guys used it towards a wine fridge-- that's what I'd hoped!

    Even years are always better years. This WILL be the year of the house, and I know precisely the bottle of bubbles (well, one of them, I assume there will be many) for you to celebrate with.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm saving the bubbly you gave me last Christmas for the "ground-breaking"! So very much looking forward to corking that one... for many reasons!

    ReplyDelete